Ok, I don't really have time to be "playing" on the computer, so I'm gonna make this a quick update...
The boys had their school pictures taken. What handsome boys they are. Carmen captured their personalities perfectly. If only she could have captured the horns on Owens head... They are missing, but the look on his face is there. We finished up our Fall co-op the week before Thanksgiving. The boys enjoy co-op very much. They are already talking about spring co-op.
We had a very quiet Thanksgiving. Joan was going to come, but got a better offer. Who can resist a girl road trip? We love spending Thanksgiving with lots of people, but this year was different. Usually we spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family, and it's a Thanksgiving/ Christmas. Really it's just an excuse for me to put my Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving. This year, my family couldn't get together for the festivities. We went to Mass, because we have a lot to be thankful for. As soon as we got home we all put our PJ's back on and it was the First Wentz Thanksgiving PJ Day. We had lots of fun. For the five of us, we had a 17 lb turkey. Now I have tons of frozen meals... To bad they are all turkey meals.
We... well, Brian, Zach and Owen stood outside at Wal-Mart and rang the salvation army bell for an hour last week while Jacob and I were doing the grocery shopping. Brian wanted me close by incase one or both of the boys went a little stir crazy. They did ok, but Zach came in thinking that I'd let him go to the video games and play for awhile. He realized it was "just" grocery shopping, and went back outside. They had fun, but got cold.
We have all our Christmas shopping finished, and I've even got my Christmas letter finished before next year. I'm so excited about that.
The boys still love LEGO Club. They can't wait to go back. I've been making jewelry, and I'm very nervous, but I'm going to attempt a rosary next. It's so intimidating to me. I really enjoy the creating side of jewelry making. I made a "gramma's bracelet" for my mom. I was going to make it for mother's day, but she guilted me into making it sooner. She wanted it done so bad, she offered to pay me for it... She's so funny. I made her stay up late with me one night just to get it finished. She was falling asleep standing up, but if you know my mom, that's typical of her after 9pm. I put everyone's birth stones on it. I put my mom and dad's birth stones, and their anniversary, my brothers and their spouses, and all the grandkids. It is very colorful. Maybe I'll add a picture of it later. I've made a few watches. They are fun too.
The boys and I are working hard to get school finished before a much needed break. They've worked so hard this year, and I couldn't be more proud of them. They are very good students.
My mom and dad were able to come for our small Christmas celebration on the 14th. They will head to my brothers house for the big family celebration on the 20th, but can't make it.
Christmas Eve we will go to Mass, then come home to have Christmas with Joan (Nana), and since it's all about food.... PIZZA. We will have Monkey bread on Christmas morning. Because Joan will be here we won't have our typical PJ day for 5. We'll actually have to get dressed.
I'll try to be better about writing in here and keeping everyone up to date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment